Saturday, July 10, 2010

Coming soon...

Folks, just thought I'd post a quick note about some items in the pipeline... I'm on holidays at the moment, so haven't been near a computer in a while.


Puli posted an interesting comment on the lack of security on the browser script side - remember this passes a call down to the server side, where an eval is used. Well, with some playing around I got some unauthorised code to run. I'm not sure what mischief could be caused by this, but this is an unexpected problem - I've some examples of this in action, and a (hopefully) straightforward fix.

The Framework uses a technique described in Oracle Doc Id 579955.1 - which basically shows how to directly run methods on a cached business service (avoiding the dreaded InvokeMethod and property sets!). It has been suggested to me that caching business services can cause problems in later versions of Siebel. (I'm using Linux at the moment, and the Oracle support site seems to take exception to this for some reason and won't allow me in so I can't check!) - I'll post an alternative way to make the Framework work without the BS caching (and no visible difference to the callers of the Framework).

Finally, the SIFs - a good few comments saying the code is great, which is nice, but not necessarily straightforward to cut and paste, and expect to get working. I have some SIFs nearly ready to go, I just need to remove some specific code from a few places... I do have these, but not actually tested them yet, so once tested will post up.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment